Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tip: Batteries

I always have rechargeable batteries in my camera bag.  At one time, they would end up all over the place and you'd have to put them all through the tester to find out if they were charged or not.  I was in the Wal-Mart cosmetics travel type area when I saw these soap holders in green and red.  Only $0.50 each.  SOLD! 

I now keep good batteries in the green and spent batteries in the red.  (Same with regular batteries when you don't have a place to dispose of them.)  I know when I get home that I'll only have to charge the batteries in the red case.  Problem with that at times is that some rechargeable batteries will only hold a charge for so long and some will only take so many charges.  Thus, I try to leave them until a day or two before I know I'll need them.  (Exception being the new eneloop batteries by Sanyo.  I charged them when I returned home one night near the end of December (Garth Brooks) and didn't use them again until the last week in March (Shawn Camp) and the batteries had held a FULL charge!  They are my new favorite thing because I don't have to worry about whether I've charged batteries.)

Anyway, the cases fit really nicely in my camera bag along with a charger - just in case.  (Some chargers - like the eneloop - have fold down plugs so there is little chance of damage in transport.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

stphblchsce-20